Wednesday, February 12, 2020

What to Do

Humiliation creeps, up, into secret creatures
Shaming them where they hide. 
Given away by undefined behaviors, 
Tucked in tight, betrayed. 
Ownership remains sightless 
Admittedly stunned in horror
To be delicately called out this way
Regardless of how soft, the whisper. 

Aged, another lifetime
In this postabsorption state.
How to rectify this fucking humiliating place 
That I have designed, some 8 years deep. 
Single, I have remained, 
Murmuring little in defense of my reasoning
And now therapy sought to alleviate
Rears deep, ugly heads snarling at discovery. 

Weeping serves to turn the heat into steam
The steam, again, giving weight to reality
That in this trade of time swapped for focus
I emanate loss through my silent skin. 
Expression of senses, plays out scientifically
Without hesitation. Hypothesis confirmed. 
Hope does little to stem deep-rooted need
To touch and be touched, remains the answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment