Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Watermelon for Dessert

Newness afoot, transitioning into evidence

Proof of motivation, visual disruption, upon first inspection.

Speaking to self, I reconfigure the path to take, or rather, the path I make

To land me in an 'elsewhere'.

The elsewhere of last eve, taunting me all day

An intimate rendition of something teased

To trick me into hitting replay

Whenever the murmur of memory strikes.

How would Montreal tackle these musings?

With an even more wrinkled finger, poked into my face?

His white fur, molting, with no more use to expound,

Having exhausted the might of his misery on the echo of nothing.

I am admittedly pissed. His abandonment of our dialogue has been noted.

Though ample warning was given, I dismissed so many of the signs 

Distracted under the guise of 'busy' and 'responsible'.

The male animal brain attempted to connect

And succeeded.

Who will I become from here into the now?

Into the next?

Into November 2028?

Ten years it will have been, past the 'night of highest achievement' was reached

Dining on the intellect of Alpha Prime.

The woe of the hour, now lost on the recanting of such an impossible event.

Retained in memory, words that I needed more, than the reason of the hour.

Watermelon dessert served, post- assertion.

The circle has no ending, says the lid of the cup,

And the pull into the moment- thrice served, x's 3.

It was the unexpected dinner of a lifetime, My Lifetime.

The one and only time 

My palette, eyes, ears, hands, and heart, 

Ever truly

Ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment