Tuesday, November 1, 2022

...wildness unlocked.

The wind blew, I listened without taking note

The flat land ate memory as I drove, script- expiring.

Itinerary has been whispering of detours, and I prepare

to obey.

Landscape unfurling within ridges of grey

The matter maps new paths.

Dry brush soothes as the whirling dervish protects its wildness.

Warning of blindness if one were to wander there,

Amidst unnamed lands and virginal stones.

Only the unwoven are welcome, to chart nothing but the memory

Of soft, wild life, unowned. 

Nature's voice is aromatic effervescence 

Licking the nape with tendrils of silent soliloquy

Never to be repeated, only loved in their maiden voyage

As they pass in and out of open palms, that seek to feel meaning

On unborn plans.

I lay in thought, upon reclined offerings

From a source I have not once doubted,

Tantalizing the feel of all I suspect...

'Erotica, reverberate

Implode my desire and then

Ricochet, infinitely...'


As pieces of my lifelong puzzle return to me

I lament less each day, acutely aware

Of the warmth headed towards me.

No comments:

Post a Comment