Wednesday, August 23, 2023

JRS

Everything here

Outdated.

Skin, touched. Not only touched- Loved.

Rosy hues returned,

In places that had begged to be seen by another

For far too many years.

In a moment of time, a stretch of seconds

Outspoken energies would override stubborn entities.

The words shared for near a year,

Reflecting back in earnest, echoing, laboring, begging for 'further'

A green t-shirt of Irish luck, worn in form of sabotage

The deliberate 'avoidance' in me, chastising morning's choice.

There was no jinx, as 'luck' would have it

Only the drive and the candor of a heart too pure.

And He is now Mine and I am His.

I have been canvassed by him wholly,

Thoroughly loved and held and made happy.

What bliss is this that I have now been assigned?

Only the happy smile, and, with ease, welcome in what is healthy.

And of that He has made me...

The happiest I have ever been.

And smiling, even, I suspect, while sleeping.

Nights without his closeness will be few and far between.

No comments:

Post a Comment