Saturday, January 15, 2022

Much of You...

 "Here's to the babies of the brand new world,

Here's to the beauty of the stars..."

Lyrics that roll decades forward 

To stick in my psyche for periodic enjoyment.

I have committed to memory those things that elate me

From so long ago, like these lyrics, initial joy remains.

Wired the right way, and gratitude abounds

The path has been set and continues to unfold

In such a way that I march through in confidence

Trusting my gut, bones, head and heart.


It occurs to me that Solo is a State of Mind 

One that I was born with. This belief system is not learned

This is not formulated out of necessity, this is who I am.

Who I have always been, who I will continue to be.

In love with the loyalty, the dedication, the perseverance

In love with the tenacity, the resilience and the bare-knuckle battles

They were always going to win, as this form of steady

Is untouchable.

Reasons, explanations, descriptions- irrelevant

This tune is mine alone for humming and enjoying.


Control is the single-most powerful action we can exert on ourselves.

And when that act is wrought to its core with conviction

The likes of which are built for ONE mode - 

There is tremendous honor and satisfaction in welcoming each new day.

To rise to action in continued motion that has  long laid the groundwork

Of a lifetime of 'The Good', the will to live flows proudly.

Of the two, my Father is built this way, a Stoic to this very day.

And the rebellion necessary to engineer innovation, is not to be underrated: Mother.

She was contained in the vessel of her design; wild, beautiful, and strong.

Unyielding. I am much of you, and mostly him and blessed to call you mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment