Monday, January 3, 2022

Practiced

 How long have I walked with words that have ailed me?

I think to utter and prop up my bones in doing so,

But the dig into my very being, incurs remittance.

What words can I find now, to crack these practiced codes

Entering into a better bargain to sate the days as they pass?

The voice is crowded with frustration that seethes and moans of monotony

I must better serve my posterior for when it surges forward

The need to have acted on foresight will then be put to the test

And questioned in detail for what may have gone overlooked.

I want to then counter with 'no stone unturned' and revel in preparedness.


I am hunting for worth and Steppenwolf, to tally the marks I have carved

To inspect and deliver the prognosis for which I must deter.

Lengthier meaning, longer streams of thought,

May they begin to coach stealthier practices and evacuate the tight, terse twine

That I have been weaving along my interior 

To brace the emotional hernias that puncture through from practiced restraint.

Necessary, practiced restraint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment